Wednesday, November 5, 2008

That Darn Cat


Kikoy, thats my cats name. Ask me why, then I will make another blog just for the story.
He is not the best looking cat in the world (or even in my neighborhood) nor is he the most malambing cat or even near one, that he does not like being cuddled. He is not the kind of cat that would sit on your lap and purr all day, nor sit beside you at the end of the day.
But what he is is a darn cat that as I observed, has 3 kinds of personality ( is the term right?).
The first one would be seen when I arrive home everyday from work. He is always waiting for me calling out from the veranda when he sees me at the front gate of the compound, then greets me with a big meowwww as i climb the stairs. As soon as I open the door thats it. He would then go off his way as if saying "there you are, now I can go my way".
The second personality takes over at a time that he's hungry and you might even say that I was lying in my first paragraph. There is a complete transformation that happens. He would follow you everywhere in the house (including the comfort room if yu would use it), would sit beside you and purr all the way, with his big eyes that he tries to make pa-cute stuff. Turning and tossing, crying out loudly, and would actually allow you to cuddle him.
But lo, once feeding is done, whoaaaa..the third personality comes loose. At this point he has no care in the world. He would do his thing as if your not in the house and would not mind even the most attractive call you do to get his attention. Try to show him food, one stare is all you get. He does not even mind using the most comfortable pillow you got at home nor the bed itself. He would clean himself up and sleep the rest of the day. Try to lay beside him and you will hear ( I swear I do) a murmuring complain from him.
But all in all, what Kikoy is to me is a Darn cat that has been my company for the past years and we both have ( Im not sure about him) no complain of our companionship. If I wake up in the early in the morning to use the rest room, he would join me and also do his thing (he uses the shower area as his john). And if I stay at home during weekends to just lay around and watch movies, he is there sitting on the other sofa either sleeping or cleaning himself up. He is still young ( only 2 years old in human lifetime) so I still expect him to be around for some more years.
So what is Kikoy for me? the best and loyal companion that I have all these years and I really love this Darn cat..until Kikay, a puppy, arrived.....but thats another blog...

2 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like the blog.
It is beautiful.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from Portugal

aniviv said...

I miss kikoy!!! How are you doc?