Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Dinner Buffet

It is my Friday day-off today. I will be On-call tomorrow at the main hospital’s Emergency Room so they placed me off today. It was a typical Friday for me, on second thought; it is not quite a typical Friday off for me. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. this morning which is again early for a day-off since I usually wake up at 8:00 a.m. or past 9:00 a.m. in may day off. Anyway, I slept very early the night before so therefore waking up early as a result is expected.
Though its my day-off today, I was asked to join a meeting with the representative of the Pacific Islands Health Officers Association (PIHOA), who is on-island for several days, the Director of the Health Department, PCHC Chairman of the Board and the Executive Director of PCHC which was scheduled at 9:00 a.m. So I still had time to do my chores.
I started to do my laundry for the week and cleaned the house as usual. I was done at about 7:00 a.m. so I still had time for myself. I don’t really know what pushed me to do my 10,000 steps for today but I had this urged to do so and so, I walked on my usual route after which, I lifted some weights on my new Gym set (ahem). I was done by 8:30 a.m. and so I started preparing for the meeting.
The meeting was held at the Health Directors Office and it went well. We finished at about 11:00 a.m. I went home directly to prepare lunch. I had two visitors for lunch today. I invited my friend at work over for lunch and another one came by to ask for help with her computer. We had tuna sinigang for lunch.
After lunch and after they left, I started again using my Gym set until about 3 p.m. then rested. At 4:30 p.m. I have this urged to do my walk again. So I went out and walk to the causeway and passed by KSP restaurant on my way back to pick up the food for my two pets.
Along the way, I had a phone call from a friend and he reminded me about our plan to try the new Dinner buffet with Island Girls Performance they are offering every Friday night only at Ocean View Restaurant. He said to pick me up at about 6:30 p.m. since it starts at about 7:00 p.m. Then it struck me. This is probably the reason why I was doing extra work-out this day because subconsciously I know I will be eating a lot tonight. And also the light lunch I had was also because of this. So with this in mind I said YES.
At 7:00 p.m. we were already there at Ocean View Restaurant. It has been quite a while since my last visit to the place and it has been renovated and looks better than it was before. I noticed that the light setting was low which is probably to my advantage so that they wont see how much I will be eating. There is now a big stage on the front area and the veranda is now wider and cozier than before. The only thing that did not change was the bar.
There were not as many people as we anticipated this night so there was no lin
e to the buffet table. They offered barbequed chicken, pork spare ribs, hotdogs and STEAK. There was tuna sashimi and vegetable salad. They have several local foods and there were noodle dishes, one of which became a point of discussion between my companions. One said its pancit the other claims that it is sukiyaki. What ever it was its good, well actually everything was good since at this time I was already starving. I was looking for the chicken kelagen, a Guamanian recipe, which they claim to have in their flyers, but there was none. Anyway, food was good and plenty.
After dinner, we were entertained by the Island Girls, a group of young female who performs local dances. I really admire how they sway their hip on dancing the hula. They do it effortlessly and g
raciously. These set of Island Girls are the nth generation of these Island Girls group. I have seen at least three groups of these girls before this but these new ones still has the appeal graciousness in dancing.
The opening number was a fast one and boy, they can really dance! They performed seven numbers and they danced to both fast and slow hula music. There was even a slow s
olo dance by one of the young lady. There were three young ladies and a young girl in this group. The youngest one performed solo. And she was really good. I know the parents of this young girl and they were there to watch her perform. I was even teasing the father to perform the dance himself. The three young ladies looks familiar to me but their names skipped my mind.
All in all, the evening went well. I had good food and was entertained by good dancers. You would really get your money’s worth. Anyway, I was so full that I asked my friend to just drop me off at Palm Terrace so I would just walk back home. He insisted to drive me back home because its far from where I want to get down and he said it might rain, but I explained that I am really full and I need to walk it off and I don’t mind if it rains and get wet because I am on my way home.
So I did walk home and felt better after that slow leisurely walk home. It was a little windy too at that time and good thing it didn’t rain. In my mind all through the walk was, will I be there again next Friday, hmmmm, I’ll blog it later
……

No comments: